Thursday, February 1, 2007

Movie Reviews

I've seen some AWESOME flicks these past few weeks, wanted to share with you all.

1) Do it For Johnny--a local indie flick. Not sure where you can find it, but look for it playing somewhere! It's about this group of filmmakers who have a script they desperately want Johnny Depp to read. So they build a special guitar for him with the script in the back. The movie is their two year journey to find the elusive, Johnny Depp.
2) Dreamgirls--yes, I know this makes me sounds like a drag queen. But I LOVED IT! And I'm not ashamed to admit it. The costumes, the make up, the music, the glamour, I almost exploded. The acting is fantastic as well. Don't take the guys though.
3) Sherrybaby--extreme caution with this. It will tear your heart from your chest and do Riverdance on it if you or your family has struggled with addiction and jail time. The story hit so close to home for me and I found myself sobbing in one part. Maggie Gyllenhaul got snubbed for an Oscar nom if you ask me. The movie makes you ask, "Are there any good people in this world?... Are the bad people really bad?" I'm telling you, heartbreaking.

No comments: